The best part of presenting in webinars is learning from my audience. In a recent webinar with DealerOn, I reviewed several strategies that dealerships should use with online merchandising to generate more profit.
These strategies included:
- Understanding current industry insights
- Decreasing time to market to increase exposure
- Utilizing descriptions, photos, etc. to differentiate dealership
- Leveraging social media to engage shoppers with interactive content
- Tracking website/listing traffic and vehicle photo clicks
A quarter of the audience for this webinar reported they took photos of a vehicle before it reconditioned. Another 25% stated fully merchandised their vehicles within five days. A vehicle listing with custom photos does attract shoppers, but incomplete merchandising can lead to decreased search relevancy – sending your car in the bottom of the search results page until relevant merchandising is added.
Consider that only 17% of the audience used vehicle details pages (VDP) clicks as a measurement of merchandising effectiveness. The more complete a listing is, the more likely it is to be ranked higher on search results pages and drive more engagement.
To learn more about how merchandising can make money for your dealership, watch the recording of my webinar, here.